I love walking down the beach and seeing pictures or messages drawn in the sand! This sweet card recreates that image and is pretty simple to make.
- heavy cardstock, folded into a card
- craft sand
- paint brush
- teal and white paint
- glue stick and spray adhesive
- small square of cardstock for a stencil
- Open the card and lay it flat. Paint the bottom of the front side teal for the water using horizontal strokes. Blend in some white paint towards the top for seafoam. Let dry completely. You may want to press the card under a heavy book so that it is as flat as possible.
- Draw a heart on the square of cardstock for a stencil. Cut it out and draw a smaller heart inside. Cut out the smaller heart so that you have a heart outline (see above). Tip- punch a hole in the center of the smaller heart, so that you have an easy starting place to cut.
- Glue the heart onto the card just above the water with a glue stick. Cover the painted part with a scrap of paper and spray a thin, even layer of adhesive where the sand will go. Don’t worry if it gets on the heart.
- Sprinkle an even layer of sand on the card and let dry completely. Gently tap off excess sand.
- Use tweezers to carefully peel off the heart to reveal your own sand message!