Mini Ocean Vases
After spending some time at the beach this past week, I couldn’t help but be inspired by the ocean and its perfect palette of blue! Using decoupage, I created these simple vases with a vibrant wave design.
- a few votive candle holders or small glass vases
- several shades of blue tissue paper
- a sponge brush or paint brush
- a craft glue/sealer (ex. Mod Podge)
- Use a scrap strip of paper to measure the circumference of the vase. Wrap the strip around the vase and cut it where the ends meet so you can use it as a template.
- Using the template, cut several strips of blue tissue paper (a few of each shade should do). Cut one side of each strip in a wavy line.
- To create a fade design, start by applying the lightest color blue tissue at the top and work your way down to the darkest shade, overlapping the tissue as you go. Be sure to line up the straight end of the tissue with the edge of the vase on the top and bottom tissue strips.
- Be sure to paint a thin, even layer of glue/sealer on the vase before and after applying the tissue paper strips.
- You may want to spray the final piece with a coat of non-glue sealer and then let dry. That’s it!
These are great vases to pair with shells and other fun beach decor on a table, mantle, night stand or wherever else you want a touch of summer all year round! -Jessica